Slider

Confession: Excitement about the Upcoming School Year

Thursday, May 22, 2014

So, my next confession is that I am getting very excited about the upcoming school year because of all the organizing I've been able to get accomplished. My classroom looks great. At first, I wasn't so excited about next year due to the fact that I'm going to have a class of thirty students instead of nineteen, but I've accepted it and I know that I can handle that.
So first, I started organizing my supply center and my turn-in paper center. I've posted two pictures of the finished product below! I used labels that I found on TeachersPayTeachers from the Mofatt Girls. This location prior to organization was such a mess and I feel like with a large group this will really improve my classroom.

My next task was to organize my drawers for paper submissions as well as use the extra drawers for my copies for each week. I labeled each tray for my copies by the first letter of the day of each week. These will be made each Friday and ready for the following week. Check out my picture below. I also found this file drawer station at Joann's Fabric for really cheap last year because it was on sale and I had a coupon. Be on the look out for great sales!

 
 
My next organization task was for myself and my aid. I created this three drawer system to help us keep track of papers that need to be graded, copied or filed away to go home on Friday's. I found the labels online for free at: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwE4I-WZOyeaYXUySnFBanFCMlU/edit?usp=sharing&pli=1

 
 
The last organization and management system that has been in my classroom for an entire year is my Reward Coupons! These items have been wonderful to use with my ClassDojo. My students love them! I found these on TpT as well! They are a great addition to my classroom. They take some time to get ready, but once ready, it's a very useful and easy tool.
 


I hope you enjoy this post! I think this confession has been my absolute favorite!!! I have plans to decorate my hidious filing cabinets as well! Take care and enjoy your summer break!!


Powered by Blogger.

Shop my favorites

Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© Barnett's School House 2020