Slider

TIEKS again...Are we meant to be?

Thursday, March 5, 2015


So, several of you saw my post on Tieks by Gavrieli last year. If so, you also read that I ended up sending back both sizes due to the fact that they weren't the perfect fit. Guess what? I've changed my mind! So at a Matilda Jane party, I noticed my sister-in-law was wearing a pair of mustard yellow Tieks. I asked her first hand how she liked them. She responded with "they're wonderful"! I tried them on and they fit me like a glove. I was absolutely shocked by the comfort of these flats. They felt nothing like the black Tieks I had ordered and I was almost jealous. At the end of the party, I almost thought about walking off with them even though they were on her feet by that point. Haha.

My conclusion is that the Tieks must be worn for several days in order to allow the shoe to mold to your feet. This makes them perfectly soft, or maybe I just need someone with the same size foot to wear them in for me. I wasn't willing to risk this last year being that these shoes start at $175, but now that I have actual evidence through my sister-in-law that they do mold over time, I believe I will give them a try. What's it going to hurt besides my wallet? I've already spent a total of $100 on flats this year that are not comfortable at all getting ready for the spring days. I did end up with three pairs, but they won't last and I spend this amount each year replacing the dinky ones I purchased from random places like Old Navy, Loft, Gap or American Eagle. I guess in the beginning, I could have spent all this money on several pairs of good quality shoes like Tieks in the first place. I absolutely love flats and skinny jeans!!! So here are my color choices below that I've narrowed it down to.


Camel Brown

OR 

Ballerina Pink


After hours of thinking, researching and trying to decide on a color, I have chosen ballerina pink. I'm absolutely terrified they will get dirty very easy with me being a teacher, but I want something neutral and spring pretty. Okay. I'm changing my mind again. I may go with the Camel brown color instead to hide dirt marks. Which color should I choose? Help!!!!

Have a great day!! I hope this helps all you teacher ladies out there! I don't have mine yet, but when I get them, I'm going to walk you through my days in these shoes. I'm keeping them, too!

Please note that I did not write this blog post for profit, etc., this is solely me as an educator trying to save my feet from pain and still dress stylish at the same time.

Barnett's School House
Powered by Blogger.

Shop my favorites

Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© Barnett's School House 2020