Slider

Tieks...It's a love-hate relationship

Sunday, March 15, 2015


WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2014

MY TIEKS PURCHASE

UPDATED 1/29/2018
So, I took the leap once again and purchased a camel color pair of Tieks size 8. I have searched high and low for how long? Since 2014! The Tieks were the only flat that felt good and didn't make blisters. They hurt my toenails at first, but after wearing them a couple of times, I was finally able to get the stretch they needed to mold to my foot! I just want to let you ladies out there know that they are pretty awesome! I get lot's of compliments on them as well and people have asked about the blue on the bottom of my shoes. I know they are pricey, but I find that they are worth it. No blisters and comfort, I'm good to go! I hope this helps all you ladies out there!

My Tieks arrived a week ago. I absolutely love everything about them except two things which I will explain further on down. I went with the ballerina pink, which is so beautiful and it will match all kinds of outfits. I slipped them onto my feet and they just felt "okay".

First, I want to say that these shoes are very high quality. They have great support (thus, the blue soles) with a thick foot bed, they have soft buttery leather that feels lovely, the back of the shoes do not rub. and they look absolutely great with skinny jeans. One other thing that is brilliant about this brand is the customer service! This is the only company that has that perfected. They told me to wear them around for a week or so (inside) and see if they would mold to my feet. If they didn't, I could return them for a full refund. You also have forever to return them as long as you don't wear them outside! They are wonderful to work with.


So, the two problems I had were in the toe area (keep in mind, my big toenails point slightly upward) and one shoe rubbed the top of my foot so much that I knew it would cause blisters. I believe it was the stitching. The toe area was my biggest concern. I absolutely cannot stand for shoes to squish my toenails on my big toes and make them sore. The shoes were the correct length because I've had a size larger in the past (they don't offer half sizes) and they were much too large. It was just the actual top part of the shoe that caused the soreness. I've posted some pictures to the left. You can see where I'm referring to. In the first picture, my feet are relaxed and that pointy spot is where my toenails get squished by the leather. I wore them for about three days at home with thick socks to attempt to stretch them a little. This was very painful for my toes, but I was determined to keep these Tieks. In the end, the right shoe got some better, but the left shoe remained the same. If you have flatter toenails, maybe they actually point straight or down, you would probably be able to wear these shoes comfortably.

The verdict. Sadly, I am going to return them. I just can't bare the thought of owning a pair of pricey flats and not even being able to wear them comfortably unless I have my sister-in-law break them in or something. Luckily, Spring is in the air and sandals will be worn like crazy by this pregnant chick.

I absolutely love the Tieks company! They are wonderful to work with and you may find a perfect pair, but for this girl, they're not my match. If you are nervous and have been studying on whether or not you'd like to purchase Tieks, they do offer FREE shipping both ways! Have a great day!
Powered by Blogger.

Shop my favorites

Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© Barnett's School House 2020