Slider

Organization Project: DIY pantry

Saturday, June 11, 2016

I've started a few projects for my eighth summer as a teacher and this one has just about got me down. My husband and I have started moving our pantry into an old hallway closet, thus, our DIY pantry. When I say "old" I mean, this was my personal closet before we moved upstairs into our new addition. Let me just say, I begin to panic when things get cluttered up and I start throwing things in the trash to calm myself down. We have two children so you can imagine the clutter we have going on. I guess you could say I have a sensory processing problem when it comes to clutter. I love a neat and organized place to live. I'm slightly embarrassed to post this picture, but I'm going to do it for the sake of decluttering. I want to let you know, that you, can do it if I can.
This is my closet full of overflow basically. While clearing this thing out, I almost had a panic attack, but me being the perfectly capable teacher that I am, did it.

We are having company over in a few weeks for my little girls first birthday and I am very anxious about having everything perfect. My first project was to paint my cabinets in my living room and my second project was to get the big pantry cabinets out of my foyer, thus, resulting in the haul over of this closet. Our current cabinets are cluttered, a wreck and very hard to find anything in. We had this space and I just got an inspiration. I always tell myself that if something happens to me, I want people to come in and say that I was very organized. Haha. 

We made a trip to Lowes once I got it cleaned out, and mind you most of it is in a yard sale pile right this minute. It's sad how much we can collect. Our trip to Lowes consisted of buying more wire shelving which to our dismay over the last seven years, they had remodeled the styles, but we made it work. The picture below shows how far we've gotten and let me just say, we are so proud. Well, I am. My husband does things like this all the time. I hope this gives you some inspiration for your newest pantry.


Powered by Blogger.

Shop my favorites

Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© Barnett's School House 2020