Slider

Don't Worry...just live life

Saturday, July 15, 2017


Today I woke with a heavy heart and then I heard my kiddos laughing and playing downstairs. That instantly made me smile even though yesterday I wanted to pull my hair out by 5:00 pm. Gotta love your babies. We are mother's and it is exhausting and it's nice to have some time alone, right? Is that okay? No alone time equals a possible state of depression or even a loss of hair! Sometimes I get this vibe from people, you know, the judgers who think you should be with your kids 24/7 and not have a life of your own. I mean there comes a time when the cord needs to be cut, let them spread their wings. Moms, it's okay to go out for a couple of hours every once in a blue moon and leave them with daddy, you've been with them every single day this week and even when daddy has worked late or been out of town, you were right there. It's good for your babies to know it's okay if you aren't around. It'll teach them a little independence, right? 

So I pulled out my daily devotional app this morning and came across the verse, "this is the day the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it" Psalms 118:24. This devotional really hit home, I have decided that the negative experiences of yesterday are not enough to ruin my day today. I have no control over yesterday or tomorrow, but today I do and I'm going to be happy. Heck, I might even go mow the yard here in a little while with my little helper on my lap. See, spending time with your kids comes in many moments. 

I hope you all will take this and apply it to your Saturday. Have a great weekend! 

Powered by Blogger.

Shop my favorites

Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© Barnett's School House 2020