Slider

My Trip to D.C.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017


Let's just say my trip to D.C. for a girls weekend was absolutely filled with fun and amazing adventures. The first day we were in town me and my bestie explored the Ford Theatre as well as the home where Lincoln was taken the night he was wounded. I must say, if you are a teacher of history then Washington, D.C. is definitely a trip you need to take. We also explored some museums and were able to see the Bill of Rights, the Constitution, and the Declaration of Independence. Keep in mind that these areas of exploration were very crowded so if you are a little bit scared of pushy, close quarters, then I wouldn't go see these items.

Let's see what else can I add, the Metro was an awesome way of transportation. It wasn't the cheapest form of transportation, the cheapest form was actually using an Uber. We used the app and would usually pick UberPool which allowed you to ride with other guests for super cheap. My first Uber ride I was terrified, I mean come on, my mother had always taught me to never ever jump in a car with a complete stranger!!! Turns out this is a common thing in big cities and my friend does it almost every single day. One Uber driver informed up that he made about $600 a week!!! So ya see, nothing to be scared of!

There's also the night life we can talk about! It was so much fun, more night life than what I'm used to of course. There's clubs, I mean tons of them you and the girls can go dancing in. If you're not willing to fight the men off, then I wouldn't go. Sorry guys, it happens. So here's my story. I had never ever officially gone to a club, an actual real club where you have to be approved by your looks before going inside as well as your ID. You know how you see those kids on TV trying to sneak in or trying to talk the guy at the gate into letting them in. We get in, which wasn't hard. I am absolutely terrified. First, we were a little underdressed, but looking good wearing jeans. Second, it was dark, super dark and of course loud. We go in and I pull the entryway curtain back and I just have this look of terror on my face, I just know it. My bestie starts dying laughing and at this point, I am scared to absolute death. I'm not this girl which is so funny. Anyway, long story short, we end up having a great time just dancing as we both love to dance, all the while beating the men off with sticks and our wedding rings! Haha! One night we actually took Salsa lessons. That was interesting and fun at the same time. Please don't wear a short dress if you go salsa dancing ladies. I made that mistake, but it was still a great experience.

Well, I hope y'all will visit D.C. and be sure to take your walking shoes!! This is one place you'll want to add to your bucket list!
Powered by Blogger.

Shop my favorites

Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© Barnett's School House 2020