Slider

Classroom Management with ClassDoJo

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

So I have ClassDojo on the brain. I used this some last year, but it was hard because the kids in that group needed to actually feel they had lost something, not just see it, kinda like losing a dollar. In case you have never heard of classdojo, go here: ClassDojo. This basically keeps students on task with positives and negatives throughout the day. They can see their progress each week or month as well.
This year our school is using ClassDojo in each classroom. I think I may have figured out a way to make it work better for me. I tried incorporating dollars with the positives and the negatives last year, but that just get's crazy! Some kids need something tangible.
Here's what I'm going to do:
I have purchased a reward coupon system that I plan to implement at the same time. I found this at TpT.
These are absolutely amazing and I'm excited to use them. So instead of fuzzies, I will be using the positives and negatives with Dojo each week. My kids are still not going to get to touch anything tangible, but this is trial and error for me. No, I will not be giving up my coupons! If they get so many positives (which will be counted as points), they will get to trade for reward coupon(s) from one of my binders each Friday.
I'm excited to implement this. I'd like to hear what others do for the upper grades as well! Have a great day!
Powered by Blogger.

Shop my favorites

Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© Barnett's School House 2020