Slider

Christmas Entryway

Monday, November 16, 2020

                    

Raise your hand if you get overwhelmed when you're trying to decorate! Me, me, me! So when I'm browsing online for home decor, I tend to get a little frustrated. When I end up finding something I really like, I always end up not being able to find it online or in stores and that results in an empty home. I've did my best to link all of the items you see in these pictures. I want to make your shopping experience as easy as possible! Read on to see how I decked out my entryway and where I got the pieces. 

I couldn't wait to get my Christmas decor out and I started out slowly so I wouldn't wear myself out doing so. In furnishing my home with Christmas decor, I did have to splurge a little, but I'll use it year after year. Rule #1, always be on the hunt for sales year round for home decor!!! I have never ever paid full price for any home decor! Ever! I'm a tight-wad in case you didn't know and home decor is something I do not like spending money on. I don't know why. 

This is my seasonal bench you see in the picture here. It stays in my entry way and is one of my favorite pieces of furniture. It used to be stained, but I got on a Joanna Gaines kick and painted it an off white color using chalk paint. Sometimes I wish I had left it the stain color, but I still love it. This bench was also made from scratch, sorry I didn't purchase it in store. I'll link a similar one here. I am in love with this one from Kirklands so I've linked it! It almost looks like a church pew and I LOVE that look also! 

Let's get started!! I am absolutely in love with this entire setup. Sometimes it becomes cluttered with shoes, but I simply use that basket you see for all of my kiddos shoes just as a little hiding place. I've linked a very similar one here. I found that lovely at a T.J. Maxx. Also, please don't mind my random pictures on my wall, I am still in the process of removing and adding pieces.


I'm going to try to link everything as I talk about it so you can easily go shop for the items. The JOY sign came from Hobby Lobby. I found it for half-off. It's not huge, but also not too small. It is out of stock online, but I had no trouble finding it in store. It was the perfect size for my space. 

The red blanket came from Amazon and it's super soft. I was surprised at how soft it was. I found the checkered plaid blanket at Hobby Lobby. The small trees were also from Hobby Lobby. I got one taller than the other so they wouldn't look identical. The pillows are simply covers that I found on Amazon as well. I took my year round pillows and stuffed them into these covers. So much cheaper. They are soft and do the trick and a lot cheaper than buying an entire new pillow. 

I want to say that the pine garland on the back of the bench and the picks coming out of the metal containers (find those containers here!) came from a Hobby Lobby or a Michaels. I've linked a similar garland here. They were gifted to me probably ten years ago, but they do the trick even if they are a little older.

 

The rug is a rustic type farmhouse looking rug and it's made from a burlap type material. It's super pretty, but hard on the bare feet when you're walking on it. I love the looks of it, though. It is a bit taller so beware if you have a door near. You can see that bathroom door to the right below, it doesn't open all the way now. I found the rug here on sale for around $45 from overstock.com. It came in a pretty large size, too!


I hope you will be able to decorate your entryway for the upcoming Christmas and I hope all of this linking will help you find exactly what you are looking for. 

*Please note that I am in no way affiliated with any of these companies. I am simply a lover of all things home and farmhouse living! 

Powered by Blogger.

Shop my favorites

Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© Barnett's School House 2020